January 17, 2006

Wizard Of Oz

I have been quite intrigued this past month with the life of L. Frank Baum. I just bought the 3 disc box set of "The Wizard Of Oz" and have enoyed every minute of every interview, biography, documentary, and of course the film.
L. Frank Baum was a genius. The impact of his stories have affected generations and will affect generations to come.

I have asked myself, "Why isn't Hollywood making pictures like this anymore?"

Well, for one, I think Hollywood anxiously pumps out anything that will make a quick buck. They also want to entwine political and social agendas in all their pictures. They are trend followers instead of trend setters. They goop in gore, violence and sex where they don't belong. These are just some of the reasons. I am sure there are many more.

L. Frank Baum wrote a classic that will surely stand the test of time. It stands as one of the greatest films ever made.

No comments: