May 24, 2006

Blurring life

You know, it seems like the weeks are flying by in my life.
I go to work, work on my side projects, spend as much time with my family.....Before I know it, another weeks is shelved and I'm moving onto another week.

It seems like life is moving way too fast and everyone is struggling to keep up.

Before you know it, the kids are grown, your hair is grey, and you find yourself relating to your life as, "Back when", or "In the olden days".....ha. (and Im only 36!)

I want life to be meaningful, ...not rushed. I want memories that aren't merely blurs in my life. Work is not that important. Is it?
Status, keeping up with the Jones', or prominance are simply a facad. It's catering and succumbing to "the world". I have been to Africa among people that have absolutely "NOTHING", yet are the happiest in the world.

Don't you think that we can learn something from people that are happy, yet have little material wealth?

Devourax' list-

- Life is meant to be enjoyed. (that doesn't mean in idleness, or doing whatever you want whenever you want)
- Relationships are to be strengthened.
- Living well is making lasting memories.
- It's about "time".
- Being passionate.
- True spirituality is overcoming the natural man.
- Gaining life experience. (you can't teach experience)
- Understanding who you are, why you are here, and where you are going.
- It's understanding the spiritual nature of things.
- Making a better you.
- Giving something back.